Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: ? About Paperdolls New vs. Old

  1. #1
    Inactive Member TexasMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 22nd, 2005
    Posts
    183
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    I am looking for information about the Paperdolls. I have looked at the discontinued ones on ebay, but noticed that the current ones on the AG site have more of the book characters included.

    Any recommendations - pros or cons to either set??

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    GreyMyst
    Guest GreyMyst's Avatar

    Post

    I have the old Samantha ones, but I'm not sure about the new ones. On the old ones atleast, the outfits are printed on regular glossy paper, they are THIN. I haven't even cut them out because I'm afraid they'd tear with any amount of play.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member danaspillar's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 16th, 2004
    Posts
    255
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The new ones have the same clothing sheets as the old ones, plus new characters and clothes for them, and backdrops. The play value and art value is higher with the new sets, IMHO.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member kamakajr's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    251
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    We have the old paperdolls and still haven't played with them much. So I am not about to buy the new ones. But I just love the idea of paperdolls! The problem is they take soooooo long to cut out. They are not that easy for even a nine year old. And there are many cuts in each outfit. In addition, the paper stock is woefully thin.

    Maybe I'm just lazy. Idea for AG: Make the paperdolls and outfits of sturdier paper stock and easier to cut out.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member linzystar's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 17th, 2005
    Posts
    167
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah my grandma cut out all my outfits...otherwise they never would have gotten cut out. I don't know why they couldn't make them more like the ones that were in the AG magazine (do they still do those?). They punched out so they were much easier.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member linzystar's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 17th, 2005
    Posts
    167
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have some really old ones and their oufits really were paper...I looked at the new paper dolls when I was at borders and I liked them better than mine, but I don't play with them anymore so it wouldn't really be worth it for me. I'd rather buy really dolls or outfits [img]graemlins/angel.gif[/img]

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ May 10, 2005 12:58 AM: Message edited by: linzystar ]</font>

  7. #7
    Inactive Member kamakajr's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    251
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Linzystar you have a nice grandma!

    I don't have the time or inclination to cut out the paperdolls and their clothes for my daughters. The paper stock is so thin and easy to bend and rip, it doesn't seem worth the effort to me. My eyes start to hurt thinking about all the close work involved in the cutting, LOL!

  8. #8
    Inactive Member PrincessRuthie's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,054
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have the originals of Addy's and Molly's, and a photocopy that I colored of Samantha's. I actually have them in a box somewhere, I think. They were REALLY thin, and some of mine got folded and bent. I played with them, however. BTW, I think my mom helped me cut them out.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Katie from IL's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2005
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have all of the new paper dolls, except Kaya. I tried to order the old Felicity ones because I thought that was the only way I could get commentary on Felicty's clothes, but my amazon out-of-print book order fell through. None of the ones I have are cut up or separated at all-they are all fully intact. I love to look at the clothes and read the commentaries about the clothes and the characters and the time periods. Now since Felicty is coming out with a new set I'll get it as soon as I see it in the bookstore, and I'll keep it intact like all the others I have.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Grapedy1982's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8th, 2004
    Posts
    400
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Having sets of both the old and the new, for playability I recommend the new ones. They're sturdier and printed on heavier paper. Plus they have the really cool sticky tabs to attach them which means the clothes and accessories actually stay where they're suppossed to! And each set comes with a reversible fold-out scene that greatly enhances play value for today's girls.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •